Pearl Crescent Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb Is Installed
After you install the Do Not Disturb extension, the following menu
item will be present in the Firefox Tools menu:
Figure 1 — The Firefox Tools Menu
Do Not Disturb Options...
You can also determine if Do Not Disturb is installed by opening the
Firefox Add-ons window and looking for Do Not Disturb in the
Extensions list and verifying that it is enabled.
What Is Blocked?
By default, Do Not Disturb modifies Firefox's default behavior
in the following ways:
See the next section, Customizing
Do Not Disturb to learn how to control which items are blocked.
- Suppresses alerts and other prompts that may be displayed by web
pages. If a blocked prompt must return a value to the web page's
as the value that would be returned if the user pressed the
Enter key). Do Not Disturb also
blocks the display of password prompts.
- Automatically cancels disruptive browser dialogs such as the
"What would you like to do with this file?" window that is shown when
Firefox begins to download a file.
- Suppresses prompts that may prevent a browser window from closing when a
web page uses an onBeforeUnload event handler.
- In older versions of Firefox: suppresses certificate warning
prompts that would be shown when a web site tries to use an expired or
invalid certificate. When a certification warning is suppressed,
Do Not Disturb ensures that the safe choice is made; for example,
expired certificates are not accepted. In newer versions of Firefox,
there is no need to block certificate prompts because they are modeless
and do not cause Firefox to pause and wait for a response.
- Changes the default values for various Firefox preferences to:
- Disables the browser session store (so Firefox will not remember
which windows and tabs were open when it exits).
- Disables installation of plugins and add-ons.
- Suppresses prompts that Firefox may display during startup or
Do Not Disturb
You may customize Do Not Disturb's behavior by adjusting various
options. Use one of the following two methods to open the
Do Not Disturb options window:
Figure 2 — The Do Not Disturb
Uncheck one or more of the options to disable some of
Do Not Disturb's features.
If you need more help or have a suggestion for improving
Do Not Disturb, please
us email or use our feedback form.
- Choose Do Not Disturb Options...
from the Firefox Tools menu.
- Open the Firefox Add-ons window and
double-click on Do Not Disturb.
The following resources may also be helpful:
Do Not Disturb Extension GUID:
Authors and Contributors:
- Kathleen Brade
- Mark Smith